Countdown for Papers
Monday February 5, 2024
BRIDGING THE DIGITAL AND PHYSICAL WORLDS
with efficiency and intelligence
The 2024 IEEE Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits will be held as an in-person event with on demand content.
Welcome to the 2024 IEEE Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits. We appreciate your interest in submitting a paper to the Symposium. On this page, you will find all the necessary information and forms for the preparation of your submitted paper. The accepted papers will be included in the Digest of Technical Papers as received, without opportunity for further changes.
Share information with colleagues and students!
Before Submitting Your Paper
Please read the Pre-publication Policy for the Symposium.
Guide to Paper Submission
Click/tap to display each content section in full.
A very limited number of late news papers will be accepted.
Authors are asked to submit late news papers announcing only very recent developments. Papers should be in the same format as a regular paper and should be submitted through the submission web site in the same way as for regular submissions. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by the middle of April.AVAILABLE BY DECEMBER 31, 2021
The Symposium encourages submissions in all areas of VLSI Technology and Circuits, including:
- Advanced CMOS Platforms, Interconnect and Backside Power Delivery Network (BSPDN) Technologies
- Advanced Packaging, Chiplet and Heterogeneous Integration Technologies Including 2.5D and 3D
- Analog and Mixed-Signal Circuits
- Beyond CMOS Devices That Utilize New Physics Including Spin, Optical and Quantum Computing
- Biomedical Devices, Circuits, and Systems
- Data Converters
- Device Physics, Characterization, Modeling and Reliability
- Devices and Accelerators For ML/DL and New Compute
- Digital Circuits, Hardware Security, Signal Integrity, IOs
- DTCO and Design Enablement
- Frequency Generation and Clocking Circuits
- Memory Technologies, Devices, Circuits, and Architectures
- Power Management Devices and Circuits
- Processes and Materials for CMOS Scaling and New Devices
- Processors and SoCs
- Sensors, Imagers, IoT, MEMS, Display Circuits
- Wireless and RF Devices Circuits and Systems
- Wireline and Optical Transceivers, Optical Interconnects and Processors
Papers will be considered on the basis of originality, innovation, and advancing the field. Prototype implementation and measured results will be considered favorably in the ratings.
- Complete paper must occupy no more than two pages including illustrations. Submitted papers which exceed this length will not be accepted for review.
- Each page can contain about 700 words and two illustrations (assuming each illustration is in two-column format). A page could contain as many as six illustrations if they are sized accordingly.
- A page of figures should be Arial font and no smaller than 8 pt size.
- When preparing the final pages, please carefully follow the instructions in the Author’s Guide.
- Please avoid the use of special international fonts in the main body text, figures, charts, and tables in the paper submission.
- The authors may use the first page for text and the second page for pictures.
- You must have approval from your organization before submitting your paper to the 2024 IEEE Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits. The IEEE Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits views as an unprofessional practice the withdrawal of a paper once it has been submitted by the author, accepted by the Program Committee, and widely announced in the Advance Program. Withdrawal of a paper or failure to present a paper at the Symposium after the Advance Program is distributed jeopardizes both the Symposium’s credibility and the author’s professional reputation.
Validate Your Paper with IEEE eXpress®
All papers to be submitted to 2024 IEEE Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits should be validated by IEEE PDF eXpress before submission.
First-time users should do the following:
- Select the “Don’t have an account? Create account“.*
- Enter the following: Conference ID: 46783X
- Your Email Address
- Continue to enter information as prompted.
An Online confirmation will be displayed, and an email confirmation will be sent verifying your account setup.
*Previous users of PDF eXpress need to follow the above steps, but should enter the same password that was used for previous conferences. Verify that your contact information is valid.
Upload your source file. Once the Xplore compliant pdf has been created, you will receive an email. Review the pdf and if it is correct, that is the file that you will upload to the VLSI submission site.
Contacting PDF eXpress Support
Access the Publications Support Center for IEEE PDF eXpress.
Confirm or Replace Your Submission
You may confirm or replace your paper (including all information registered on Paper Submission Form) on-line at any time up until the submission deadline, Monday, February 5, 2024 23:59 PST (Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 07:59 GMT / Tuesday, February 6, 2024, 16:59 JST)
Notification of Review Result
If accepted for presentation, the content of the paper must not be announced or published prior to the Symposium. The Technical Program Committee will review all submitted papers and authors will receive notification of the Committee’s decision around the end of March 2024.
Copyright Transfer Form
The Copyright Transfer Form must be submitted to the VLSI Secretariat once your paper is accepted. Detailed information will be given in the acceptance letter.
Please read the Pre-publication Policy for the Symposium.
Online Paper Submission
Submission Site Open: Tuesday, December 5
Submission Deadline: Monday, February 5, 2024 23:59 PST
Online Paper Submission Deadlines
February 5, 2024
A very limited number of late news papers will be accepted. Deadline April 1
Author’s Guide &
Please read “Pre-publication Policy” before downloading.
Call for Workshops
Best Student Paper Award
Since 2004, the VLSI Symposium has presented a Best Student Paper Award to encourage the research of student projects which will lead the next generation.
Download Best Student Paper Award Form
Student Travel Grant Application
Student presenters must request travel assistance at time of submission. Those that requested assistance will be provided the official request form in April 2024. We have a limited number of student travel grants that are available for SSCS and EDS members. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
Student Travel Support Request Form (available April 2024)
Solid State Circuits Student Travel Award Grant Form (available April 2024)
Best Demo Paper Award
Since 2017, the VLSI Symposium has presented a Best Demo Paper Award to recognize outstanding Demo paper from each track.
Preparation for the Symposium
For Live Session: Zoom Background
Available in April 2024
For Speakers: How to upload the presentation files
For Chairs: How to check the presentation files
Presentation Guidelines and Template
Copyright Transfer Forms
Upon acceptance of the paper, authors will be asked to complete a Copyright Transfer Form and submit it to the Secretariat.
Speakers Reply Form (Circuits only)
AVAILABLE BY DECEMBER 31, 2021
A very limited number of late news papers will be accepted until April 1.
Authors are asked to submit late news papers announcing only very recent developments. Papers should be in the same format as a regular paper and should be submitted through the submission web site in the same way as for regular submissions. Authors of accepted papers will be notified by the middle of April.